Make Sure To Take A Micro Break Every Hour!
Take a micro break every hour! If you are seated for 30 minutes or more stand up and walk around a bit because movement is good for your back. Remember 30 minutes is the limit! Then wait 10 minutes before lifting after prolonged periods of sitting or resting.
Here are some different stretches you should do during your micro break to avoid back pain and stay strong!
- Scoot to the edge of your seat
- Knees apart and place your feet pointed out
- Put your palms out on each side
- Shoulders back
- Rotate your palms which will roll your shoulders back
- Slowly move your head from side to side.
- Move your shoulders and hips in circles.
- Lift one leg as much as possible while standing straight on the other leg, and keep your spine straight.
- Stretch your legs, your arms, and make movements that feel good & pleasant to your body.